Notre Dame d'Igny Abbey
Founded in 1128 by Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, 30 km from Reims, the Monastery of Igny has seen a succession of two communities of monks followed by two communities of nuns. Destroyed in 1918, it was reconstructed along the model of the old Loc-Dieu Monastery in Aveyron, but with a bell-tower similar to those of Tardenois (square tower and roof with 8 slopes).
In 2008, four Cistercian communities in North-eastern France gathered together at Val d’Igny to deal with the reduction in their resources and their numbers. An extension was built, which can be seen in the courtyard of the hospitality centre, with beautiful stones from a medieval monastery inserted in its external façade. The chocolate factory and the shop selling products made by monasteries are the main resources of the Abbey. Our hospitality centre welcomes people wishing to find a place of prayer and silence. The church and an exhibition hall are open to visitors.
TuesdayDe 10:00 to 12:00 et de 15:00 to 17:00
WednesdayDe 10:00 to 12:00 et de 15:00 to 17:00
ThursdayDe 10:00 to 12:00 et de 15:00 to 17:00
FridayDe 10:00 to 12:00 et de 15:00 to 17:00
SaturdayDe 10:00 to 12:00 et de 15:00 to 17:00
SundayDe 15:00 to 17:00
Guided visits on demandyes
Group guided tours on demandyes
Average duration of the visit in minutes: 60
Average duration of the group visit in minutes: 45
French, English, German
- Play area