Champagne Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin
Coming from a family of bankers and textile traders, Philippe Clicquot owned vineyards and established his wine trade under the name of Clicquot in 1772... His ambition then was to "cross the borders". The first Clicquot champagne expedition was destined for Venice.
In 1805 Madame Clicquot, a 27-year-old widow, took over the reins and continued to surprise everyone. In 1810 she made the first vintage. She was also the inventor of the riddling table, which clarifies the wine – a technology then adopted by the other Champagne Houses.
In 1877, the first yellow label appeared, and it went on to become famous throughout the world!
Want to know the rest of the story and discover the mysteries of the House? Don't wait any longer, reserve your tour!
Pets allowed: No
- 0,5 km Basilique Saint-Remi
- 0,5 km Villa Demoiselle
- 0,6 km Musée Saint-Remi
- 0,6 km Maison de Champagne Taittinger
- 0,6 km Maison de Champagne G.H. Martel & Co
- 0,6 km Maison de Champagne Vranken-Pommery - : fermeture à partir de lundi 16/03/2020 pour deux semaines
- 0,8 km Maison de Champagne Ruinart
- 1,3 km Musée Automobile Reims Champagne
- Car park
- Meeting room