This monumental fresco has been realized in 2019 by greek artist ApSet. His work is characterized by geometrical and colorful figures but also by mixed styles (vectorial, realism, pointillism…). He often emphasizes human characters, faces and eyes. Through his work, his commitment is also visible for example he already worked on a fresco dedicated to organ donation.
Here the fresco is a reference to the king Lothaire’s statue, king who was sacred in Reims. ApSet reinterprets a work dating back to the 12th century, the statue that represented the king was beheaded during the French Revolution and the head is all that is left of it. You can see this head, split in two parts in the fresco, it is surrounded by colorful and almost magical elements, the whole work symbolizes historical heritage and its evolution through the years. It’s also an echo to the fire that broke out in Notre-Dame de Paris.
- 0,3 km Basilique Saint-Remi
- 0,3 km Musée Saint-Remi
- 0,6 km Maison de Champagne G.H. Martel & Co
- 0,7 km Maison de Champagne Taittinger
- 0,9 km Villa Demoiselle
- 0,9 km Maison de Champagne Vranken-Pommery - : fermeture à partir de lundi 16/03/2020 pour deux semaines
- 1,2 km Maison de Champagne Ruinart
- 1,4 km Bibliothèque Carnegie